Monday, May 28, 2012

Fresh Herbs

Last weekend, I planted a potted garden on my small Chicago balcony, complete with an array of herbs. The simple process of planting, the soil in my hands and the sun in my face, was a great pleasure and took me back to the long days of childhood. 

An even greater pleasure was snipping my fresh herbs to prepare scratch-made pasta sauce.       




Oregano, thyme, sage, basil, rosemary - I threw it all in there with some tomatoes, onions, garlic and red wine.  Then I dined with a bouquet of freshly-snipped roses on the table.  The gluten free pasta I tried was a disappointment, but my sauce and meatballs carried the meal.  :)

I am totally in love with this gardening stuff and I cannot imagine why I waited so long to begin.

{photos: mamiya 645, polaroid back, fuji fp 100c film}