Saturday, May 5, 2012

There is thunder in our hearts


I am really into canvas tote bags.  A canvas tote is perfect in its simplicity, utility and lightness.  Although I own a large leather Chloe bag (sublime but fussy), nearly every day I leave the house with a canvas bag instead.  My collection grows selectively.  While I could buy a shopping bag at any corner store, I prefer to seek out ones with special meaning, revealing a bit of my personality to anyone who takes the time to notice.

Such is the case with my new canvas tote bag from Fieldguided.




The bag is dip-dyed with a subtle blush color at the bottom and hand-printed with a line from one of my favorite albums, Kate Bush's Hounds of Love.  Isn't that a wonderful line?  There is thunder in our hearts. 
The packaging from Fieldguided is natural and romantic, almost too beautiful to open.


If, by chance, you do not yet know the Fieldguided blog, you should visit immediately to see one of the most aesthetically enchanting places in the blogosphere, including gorgeous film photographs.

For my next canvas tote, I may have to go low brow with the I like big books and I cannot lie bag from Pamela Fugate Designs on Etsy.  I mean, really, you other sisters can't deny.

{Nikon F100 and Fuji Pro 400H}