Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Rolleiflex Portraits of Friends

When I took these these polaroids with my Mamiya 645, I also shot a roll of Kodak Ektar 100 with my Rolleiflex TLR.  My friends Holly and Chika were discussing Holly's current art project, after two hours of Bollywood dancing and a bike ride in the rain.






Then I got a couple of straight-forward portraits.



I enjoyed playing with the light and shadows that resulted from big windows, an overcast day, and slow film.  Most of all, I enjoyed taking pictures of people.  I also shot a roll of Kodak Portra 800 with my Mamiya 645; I will post some of those later.

I want to use my Rolleiflex more, especially with color film.  I shot five rolls while visiting my family in North Carolina last week, so I'm working on it.  The only drawback is the expense of developing and scanning medium format color film.  I cannot use my own film scanner because it is awful with color, despite repeated calibration attempts.